Copyright 2013. First United Methodist Church. All rights reserved.
First United Methodist Church | 21 Fern Drive, Torrington, CT 06790, USA |860-489-8084
First United Methodist Church
We believe all people matter to God and that Christ's message and ministry through our church is hope for all the world.
To help people find their way to God, by connecting people to Jesus and one another.
Congregation of faith
Our Sunday worship service is at 9:30 a.m., followed by a coffee hour in our Fellowship Hall. Sunday School, Pre-K through grade 6 starts at 9:45 a.m.. High School and Middle School Sunday School begins at 10:45 a.m.
For all events, click on our Events tab above.
FUMC is a congregation that is "on the go and on the grow!"
Our website will be updated from time to time so be sure to visit us often.
FROM THE DESK OF PASTOR XIMENA DIAZ-VARAS
Connecticut has implemented a color system to communicate the contagious rates of each town. While Torrington is marked as red, we encourage you to worship from home via our YouTube Channel. Please continue to be vigilant, wear your mask, wash your hands, and watch your distance.
We will continue to monitor the situation each week and adapt as necessary.
We are grateful for all you have done to keep our community safe during this pandemic. We ask you to continue to follow the current protocols:
1. Take your temperature before entering the church. If you have a fever or not feeling well, we ask you to stay at home.
2. Everyone must use a face cover: cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds often while in the building or use hand sanitizer.
3. Family units that live in the same house need to stay together. Stay 6 feet from anyone who does not live with you. This also applies to using the bathrooms and the cry room.
4. Children and youth must stay with their families.
5. Refrain from hugging or shaking hands. Waving or other non-touch signs should take the place of handshaking for the foreseeable future.
6. Follow the usher’s directions! Respect the pews and all areas that are blocked off
7. Refrain from singing
8. Use the offering plate located at the sanctuary entrance to leave your offerings as you exit the service. You can also send your offering by mail.
9. Usage of any area in the building needs to be notified to Lisa Bachetti and approved by trustees. No exceptions.
10. Everyone 65 years of age and older, people with serious health conditions, or caregivers of those
who are high risk are encouraged to discern their risk carefully
You have several options to connect with us.
If you are a Facebook user, we will live stream from our Facebook page (make sure you like our Facebook page) https://www.facebook.com/fumctor/
Check and subscribed to our YouTube Channel by clicking https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznzNztKq4Cno0PzV6lpWkA.
We will also be posting videos with updates and devotionals. This will work on most Smart TVs
The sermon will continue to be posted online at https://www.podcasts.com/united-methodist-church-2020-f06b06822
Stay Healthy and call us if you need us!
Keep on praying!
generated with ISM